Greentech Advises Greenskies on its Sale to Clean Focus
August 22, 2017
Greenskies Renewable Energy LLC (“Greenskies” and “GRE”) is one of the leading integrated renewable energy companies that originates, designs, builds, owns and maintains solar photovoltaic (“PV”) systems for commercial and industrial clients, government agencies, educational institutions and utilities throughout the United States. Greenskies has developed projects in ~20 states and installed solar projects for many of the most prominent commercial and industrial clients.
- The Clean Focus group, an affiliate of Taiwan-based Neo Solar Power Corporation (“NSP”), completed its acquisition of 100% of Greenskies and its affiliates
- As part of the acquisition, Clean Focus Yield, an independent power producer that owns and operates renewable energy projects in the United States and China, acquired ~225 MW of solar projects in operation or in the late stages of development, with the project development platform being acquired by another Clean Focus affiliate
- The transaction greatly strengthens project development and EPC capabilities of the Clean Focus group and provides future pipeline for Clean Focus Yield
- The Greenskies projects provide stable, recurring revenue for Clean Focus Yield and enhances its growth profile
- The terms for the transaction were undisclosed
- The transaction illustrates the breadth of global interest in leading U.S. renewable energy companies for growth and stable cash flows, as well as the increasing commitment by companies to better serve leading commercial and industrial companies
Greentech Capital Advisors acted as exclusive financial advisor to Greenskies Renewable Energy on its sale to Clean Focus.
For additional information about this transaction, please contact:
+1 (212) 946-3948